Torres Strait Regional Authority (TSRA)
The Torres Strait Regional Authority (TSRA) is an Australian Government Statutory Authority established on July 1 1994 under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission Act 1989, which is today known as the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Act 2005.
The TSRA has the responsibility to:
- Formulate, coordinate and implement programs for Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal people living within the region;
- Monitor the effectiveness of these programs, including programs conducted by other bodies;
- Advise the Minister for Indigenous Affairs on matters relating to Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal Affairs in the Torres Strait;
- Recognise and maintain the special and unique Ailan Kastom of the Torres Strait Islander people living in the Torres Strait Region; and
- Undertake activities necessary to perform its function as defined by the ATSI Act 2005.
|Postal address|| |
Level 1 Torres Strait Haus, 46 Victoria Parade Thursday Island, Queensland, Australia
|Contact number|| |
1800 079 093